It’s never too early to start planning your 2010 conference schedule and here is one to consider: World Biofuels Markets. This is Europe’s largest biofuels conference and so far, 20 of the 50 companies who were named to Biofuels Digest’s “Top 50 Hottest Companies in Bioenergy” will be participating.
Last year several hundred people were on hand and this year more even more are expected due to the recent policies passed in the U.S. including the announcement on Monday that the EPA has designated greenhouse gas pollution as a threat to society.
In part, the conference will consist of a series of focused sessions that cover topics from energy crops, to algae fuels, biofuels for aviation, policy, sustainability, biofuels from waste, and more. More than 200 people will be presenting during the conference. Keynote speakers include:
- • Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, former Prime Minister of Norway, former Head of the World Health Organisation
• Nobuo Tanaka, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
• Philip New, Chief Executive Officer, BP Biofuels
• Jan Ernst de Groot, Managing Director, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
• Suani Coelho, Executive Director, CENBIO, UN Advisory Group on Energy and Climate Change & IRENA
• Karl Watkin, MBE, Bioenergy Pioneer & Founder, D1 Oils & former Chair Bioenergy Advisory Board, UN Foundation
• Peder Holk, Nielsen, Executive Vice President, Novozymes
• Andrew Owens, Chief Executive Officer, Greenergy