Growth Energy presented the 2018 America’s Fuel Award to Joel Hirschboeck, general manager of fuel marketing and procurement at Kwik Trip, Inc.
The award, which is the organization’s highest honor, was presented at last week’s ninth annual Executive Leadership Conference (ELC). The America’s Fuel Award is presented every year to an individual who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to act as a champion for the renewable fuels industry.
“We are thrilled to recognize Joel with the America’s Fuel Award in recognition of his guidance, vision and positive impact on the growth of the entire biofuels industry,” Growth Energy CEO Emily Skor said. “Under his leadership, Kwik Trip rolled out 300 E15 sites in just four months and ushered in a new model for expansion.”
Growth Energy also presented the following individuals with TOBI awards, given each year to Growth Energy members who exhibit innovation, fortitude, perseverance, and leadership within the biofuels industry:
• Paige Donnelly, Public Engagement Manager, Novozymes
• Gunner Greene, COO/GM, Iroquois Bio-Energy
• Brian Schasel, Environmental/Technical Manager, Big River Resources
• Jerry Tegels, Ethanol Business Development Manager, Buckman
• Steve Walk, COO, Protec Fuel Management
• Rob Walther, VP of Federal Advocacy, POET