They say education is expensive (but ignorance is even more so!), so our friends at the National Biodiesel Board are offering a scholarship to their upcoming conference to better educate students about the importance of biodiesel.
One fortunate student scientist with an interest in biodiesel will get a full-ride scholarship to the biggest biodiesel event of the year – the National Biodiesel Conference & Expo, Feb. 6 – 9 in Phoenix, Ariz.:
The scholarship will include:
* Conference registration (a $725 value);
* Three nights hotel;
* Airfare (domestic travel only);
* Networking opportunities with some of the brightest minds in biodiesel research;
* Recognition in conference materials.
The NBB will also be offering several other scholarships to the conference that reduce the registration fee to just $100.
This latest move to encourage student interest in biodiesel comes on the heels of the NBB launching the Next Generation Scientists for Biodiesel initiative, a student group formed to demonstrate and grow support for biodiesel among tomorrow’s scientific leaders.
Applicants must be a college/university student in a scientific field of study and must have signed the Next Generation Scientists for Biodiesel initiative’s online declaration of support. Students need to submit:
* A resume
* A 500-word summary of your experience with biodiesel, commitment to biodiesel, and career plans
* Optional: a biodiesel-related photograph of yourself
* Optional: an I Believe in Biodiesel video clip
Application deadline is December 15, 2010. More information is available here.
This project is supported by the National Biodiesel Board and the United Soybean Board through the soybean checkoff.