At this week’s Fuel Ethanol Workshop we had a very large panel discussion titled, “Research, Technology and the Future of Ethanol Production.” This was a pretty serious group of industry leaders and thinkers that was introduced by Tom Bryan, BBI International. Included were:
* Moderator: Per Falholt, Executive Vice President-Head of R&D, Novozymes
* Dave Vander Griend, CEO, ICM Inc.
* Rob Elliott, Processor Preferred Marketing Manager, Monsanto Company
* Neal Briggi, Global Head of Enzymes, Syngenta Biotechnology Inc.
* Wes Bolsen, Chief Marketing Officer & Government Affairs, Coskata Inc.
* Larry Johnson, North American Business Development, Inbicon
* Vonnie Estes, Vice President-Business Development, DuPont Danisco Cellulosic Ethanol
* Jeff Broin, CEO, Poet LLC
I recorded the presentation and thought you might be interested to hear their thoughts in answer to a couple of questions. I’ve included their response to a few of the first ones, including:
How has your company changed within the last 18 months?
What about your company could you have not predicted a year and a half ago?
How will the ethanol industry look a decade from now?
How will it be transformed by both crop and production technologies?
You can listen to this segment of the panel presentation below: