More and more municipalities are finding ways to keep more waste out of their landfills and sewer systems, while putting that garbage and grease to work as alternative fuels.
The effort has grown so much that another… the second one… Annual Waste-to-Fuels Conference & Trade Show, sponsored by the Florida BioFuels Association, Inc.; the Southern Waste Information eXchange, Inc.; and the American Recycler (a salvage, waste, and recycling news Web site), will be held at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, in San Diego, California on May 17-19, 2009:
The Waste-to-Fuels Conference & Trade Show will provide a forum for informing the public and private sectors of the economic and environmental benefits of converting waste materials to alternative fuels such as biodiesel and ethanol as well as energy recovery. Attendees will have excellent networking opportunities and a chance to visit with exhibitors to preview the newest advances in alternative fuel production products and services. The conference will be designed to attract individuals and organizations/companies nationally.
Conference Session topic areas include the following:
* Overview of Waste-to-Fuels/Energy
* Siting, Permitting and Funding Waste-to-Fuel/Energy Facilities
* Waste-to-Fuel/Energy Case Studies from Around the Globe
* Agriculture & Sewage Waste-to-Fuels/Energy Recovery
* Fats Oils and Greases (FOGS) and Digestion Technologies
* Municipal Solid Waste-to-Fuel and Energy Recovery
* Specialty Waste-to-Fuels/Energy Projects
Tight budget keeping you from attending? Well, there are some Stimulus Scholarships available to pay the $595 conference fee. Click here for more information.
More information is available through the conference Web site: www.waste-to-fuels.org.