At the end of 2011, the Renewable Fuels Association identified the top five stories of the year for the ethanol industry. With the new year now underway, the RFA has predicted the top stories to watch in 2012.
1. First commercial availability of E15 for use in 2001 and newer vehicles
2. Free and fair trade for ethanol
3. Legal battles over ethanol use, particularly the LCFS in California and E15
4. Challenges to the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS2)
5. Answering the cellulosic ethanol challenge
In this edition of “The Ethanol Report,” Renewable Fuels Association president and CEO Bob Dinneen comments on the year in preview and some of the top ethanol stories he expects to see in 2012.
Listen to or download the Ethanol Report here: Ethanol Report on 2012 Preview