The Maryland Grain Producers Utilization Board (MGPUB) has launched its Drive Flex Fuel video contest to kick off its 2016 Maryland Drive Flex Fuels advertising campaign. Winning-worthy videos will be 30 seconds and educate and encourage drivers to choose ethanol fuels including E15 and E85 at the pump as well as to purchase flex fuel vehicles (FFVs) when they are next in the market to buy a car. Top videos will be used in public advertising campaigns to create awareness about ethanol fuels and FFVs.
MGPUB says they are looking for creativity, attention-grabbing features, and the use of multiple topics or themes. Submissions must be original works and may not contain copyrighted material, or any material that is proprietary to a third party. The first place winner will be awarded $5,000, 2nd place winner receives $1,000 and third place $500. There is also a $500 award for the most viewed video on YouTube by December 15, 2016.
A few facts from MGPUB to get you started.
- Nationwide there are more than 18 million FFVs on the road and around 700,000 in Maryland.
- FFVs can use any blend of ethanol up to E85, 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline. There are nearly 40 E85 stations in Maryland today and growing and half of these stations will also offer E15, an ethanol fuel blend approved for all cars and light trucks 2001 or newer.
- FFV drivers using E85 reduce harmful air pollutants including nitrogen oxides, toxins, particulate matter and CO2.
- Greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by 34 percent as compared with regular gasoline.
- Ethanol increases horsepower while reducing fuel injector build-up.
- Ethanol is American-made and replaces 600,000 barrels of oil per day.
- Fueling with ethanol blends at the pump helps support 400,00o American jobs as well as Maryland’s farmers.
Click here for more information about the Drive Flex Fuel video contest and ethanol-blended fuels.